Godachi is a little town situated in Ramdurg Taluk , Belagavi District, Karnataka, India. Veerabhadreshwara Temple is well known in Godachi, the devotees coming from Karnataka and Maharashtra. This temple is a kuladevata for many devotees of this region. Godachi Veerabhadreshwara Temple is 14km away from Ramdurg and 86 km away from Belagavi, 41 km away from Savadatti,132 km away from the Dharwad and 109 km away from Hubli. The temple annual festival is celebrated in November- December month during karthika masam according to the hindu calender. This temple is popularly as Dharmasthala of North Karnataka.
Inside The Temple
The Veerabhadreshwara Temple designs look like the Vijayanagara style. Godachi Veerabhadreshwara Temple has a garbhagriha with a chalukyan entryway and a roomy fundamental corridor. Inside the temple choultries are there and The copper plates of Chalukya Kirti-Varman were found here. This temple’s design (architecture) is a combination of vijayanagar empire and chalukya empire.
Veerabhadreshwara Temple Timings
- Temple Opening and Closing Time Morning 6:00 am 9:00 pm
Annual Festival /jatra of Godachi Veerabhadreshwara Temple
The Annual Festival is done during the every year of November – December Month.
History of Godachi Veerabhadreshwara Temple
Godachi veerabhadreshwara Temple as a historical story, it’s said that lord veerabhadreshwara swamy was born from lord shiva. After an incredible resentment of thandava’s execution to slaughter Daksha Maharaj. This demonstration came in view of Sati Devi’s father known as Daksha. He played out an amazing Yagna, which is known as the Dakshyani Yagnya. Here Shiva was not welcomed and the rest of the paradise dwelling place divine beings were required this Yagnya. Sati Devi welcomed Shiva for her sake to come there. Be that as it may, Shiva would not come and send her alone. Sati Devi addresses her dad for not welcoming her significant other. Daksha lost control with her inquiry before different rulers present there and said he isn’t a God to be welcomed here. She was infuriated by his words and halted this yagnya by submitting self immolation on a similar chimney where yagnya was to be performed. Knowing this penance of Sati Devi, Shiva made Veerabhadra to execute Daksha. Realizing this the all radiant masters mentioned him to quiet down and requested to excuse and give them life. In this manner Sati Devi was reproduced by his forces and she was subsequently known as the Parvathi Devi.
Where To Stay :
- Nearby temple rooms are available at reasonable prices.
- Rooms are available at Ramdurg.
Things To do :
- Get darshana for Sri veerabhadreshwara temple.
- Good to attend the Morning rudrabhishekam is done for god veerabhadreshwara at 6am.
- And prasada is available for all devotees at noon(12:45 pm to 2:45 pm) and night at the temple.
- And the sevas ticket available for the devotees.
- Rooms are available at reasonable prices.
- Rest rooms are available
- Choultries are available for the wedding in the Temple.
- Forget to see the copper plates of chalukya kirthi varman.
- Gugla is Special in Veerabhadreshwara Temple.
- Amavasya and Poornima days are a huge rush on the Temple.
How to reach Veerabadreshwara Temple Godachi
Temple is situated in the Godachi and it is Ramdurg taluk of Belgaum District and it is 16 km away from the Ramdurga. This Temple is having Good Transportation from other places.
The temple is well connected by public transport to nearby Ramdurga, Belagavi, Hubli, Dharwad, Savadatti.
- Ramadurga is 16 km aside from Godachi.
- Belagavi is 86km aside from Godachi.
- Savadatti is 41 km aside from Godachi.
- Dharwad is 132 km aside from Godachi.
- Hubli is 109 km aside from Godachi.
- Bangalore is 509 km aside from Godachi.
- Badami is 61 km aside from Godachi.
- Bagalkot is 62 km aside from Godachi.
- The closest railway station to Godachi is Guledagudda Road which is situated at and it is around 51.5-kilometer distance.
- Guledagudda Road railway station 51.5 km away from Godachi.
- Badami railway station 51.8 km away from Godachi.
- Opening Alur railway station 52.4 km away from Godachi.
- Ghataprabha railway station 53.2 km away from Godachi.
- Gokak Road railway station 53.4 km away from Godachi.
- Nearest Belgaum Airport 64.4km away
- Hubli Airport 73.0 KM.
- Bijapur Airport 89.9 KM.
Godachi Veerabhadreshwara Temple
Godachi, Ramdurg Taluk, Belagavi District Karnataka,India 591114
Contact number 08335257328