Chandramouleshwara Temple Unkal is a 900 years old temple. This temple was built during badami chalukyas. Temple is located in the Hubli city at unkal sainagar.and the temple is located in the Hubli-Dharwad highway and it is 4 km away from the Hubli and 16.5 km away from Dharwad.The temple is facing east,has a garbhagriha with a pradakshina patha,an Antarala and mukhamantapa in sarvatobhadra form. It is dateable to twelfth century C.E originally it must have housed the image of chaturmukha linga,which is now kept on the westren side of the mukhamantapa. Most of the door jumbs in the temple have panchasakhas with dwarapalas. Chauribearers and Rati-Manmatha are shown at the bottom on either side. On either sides of the Chandramouleshwara Temple Unkal eastern entrance to the mukhamantapa,two jalandhars with dancers and musicians are carved within scroll designs which are excellent specimens of imitation of wooden photo types in stone.
INSIDE THE TEMPLE
The Temple is having two big Shiva lingas and two Nadhis and the temple has four entrances from all the directions. The chandramouleshwara temple is located on the east side. Shiva linga was very different and impressive, it has four faces called chaturmukha linga.
Chandramouleshwara Temple Timings
- Temple Opening and Closing Time Morning 6:00 am to 11:3 00 pm.
- Evening 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
Where To Stay :
The lodges are available at the Hubli-Dharwad for the Devotees.
Things To do :
- Get darshana for sri chandramouleshwara temple.
- And take Bilva Patri for Lord Shiva.
- And the sevas ticket available for the devotees.
- The architecture is very nice to see.
- Nearby unkal lake is the ideal spot for the picnic.
- And Nrupatunga hill is a well trekking place for the devotees.
- Best place for a pre wedding shoot.
How to reach Chandramouleshwara Temple
Chandramouleshwara Temple Unkal is located in the Hubli city at unkal sainagar.and the temple is located in the Hubli-Dharwad highway and it is 4 km away from the Hubli and 16 km away from Dharwad.
The temple is well connected by public transport to nearby Dharwad,Hubli.
- Hubli is 16 km away from the unkal.
- Dharwad is 25 km away from the unkal.
- Bangalore is 473 km away from the unkal.
- Belagavi is 96 km away from the unkal.
- The unkal is well connected and the nearest railway station is Hubballi
- From bangalore to 473 km away
- Unkal is connected to the nearest Hubli airport.
Sai Nagar,Hubli Karnataka 580031